Heart of America Dairy Expo extends an invitation
CHESTERFIELD, Mo. --The program is set for the new multi-state regional Heart of America Dairy Expo and trade show scheduled for January 25-26 at the Ramada Oasis Hotel and Convention Center in Springfield, Missouri. It is open to all dairy farmers and allied industry. Program highlights include:
• Nutrition Technology Opportunity in a Challenging Crop Year," by Dr. Max Hawkins, Alltech dairy technican staff.
• "Are Your Vaccinations Causing Reproduction Problems," presented by Dr. Michael K. Moore, DVM, Novartis Animal Health
• "Heifer Mastitis: Economics, Prevention, Treatment,” presented by Rick Short of Central Life Sciences.
• "Market Outlook -- What's in the Cards for Dairy," by Dr. Scott Brown of the University of Missouri. He has worked with the U.S. Congress over the past two decades in determining the quantitative effects of changes in dairy and livestock policies and has testified regarding dairy and livestock policy issues before House and Senate Agriculture committees. He has also worked on the economic effects of industry led programs such as the Cooperatives Working Together (CWT) that currently operates in the dairy industry.
• A producer panel featuring four Missouri dairy farmers talking about what they did this summer to combat the effects of the drought on their dairy herd and their plans for 2013. The panel will represent all options for dairy farming, from rotational grazing to an inside feeding operation.
• Following the producer panel will be Dana Brooks, senior vice president of Government Relations for the National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF) in Washington, D.C., addressing the question "Dairy Policy -- Where Do We Go From Here?"
• Missouri's five dairy breed organizations will hold their annual meetings and board meetings Saturday morning, January 26 followed by a luncheon.
Registration is free for dairy farmers and their families but meal reservations are required for the Friday and Saturday luncheons. For more information and reservations, please visit www.heartofamericadairy.org
Hotel reservations for the Expo may be made online at email@example.com or by calling 417-866-5253 or 888-532-4338 and ask for the special rate for the Heart of America Dairy Expo room block.