Photo contest has NFL theme
PHILADELPHIA -- Mid-Atlantic dairy farmers are encouraged to capture their passion and creativity in a photo for a chance to win a visit from a National Football League (NFL) player to your dairy farm! Entries for the fourth annual “Show Your Pride” dairy farmer photo contest are now being accepted.
“Show Your Pride” encourages dairy farmers to show their enthusiasm for the dairy checkoff-created Fuel Up to Play 60 program. Fuel Up to Play 60 promotes healthy eating, including low-fat milk and dairy foods, and 60 minutes of exercise daily among students. The partnership between National Dairy Council and the National Football League is the largest national in-school nutrition and physical activity program, with nearly 73,000 schools currently enrolled.
To enter the contest:
• Get your family and/or farm employees involved by wearing your favorite NFL team’s gear.
• Involve your cows by covering them in a team blanket or other tasteful NFL gear.
• Cows should be portrayed in a manner consistent with their natural environment.
• Photo must showcase your daily commitment to cow comfort and care.
• Decorate your barn in NFL colors, team banners or posters.
• Submit your photos in a JPG file along with your name, mailing address and phone number to Stephanie Roscinski at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Sept. 20, 2013.
Previous winners are not eligible to win the contest in order to give other dairy advocates an opportunity to receive a visit from an NFL player.
Photo entries will be posted to www.showyourpride.org where farmers, industry and others can vote for their favorite photo. The voting tally will be combined with input from a team of dairy farmer judges who will help select this year’s winner. Remember to vote frequently!
The national winner will receive a visit from a local NFL player to their dairy farm. Three runner-up winners will each receive a $100 gift card to www.NFLshop.com
Questions from Mid-Atlantic dairy farmers may be directed to Stephanie Roscinski at email@example.com or 717-226-8105.